There’s nothing like a day off from work when you’re resolved not to waste time. I’ve already . . .
- Done the dishes.
- Done laundry.
- Taken a walk along the side of the road to check out the huge mass of wild grapes that I’ve noticed when driving by.
I actually walked farther than I had meant to, because the rocks and wild plants made me feel, as they often do, like I’m on vacation in some wonderful, isolated locale. On the other side of the road, I checked the swampy area for interesting flowers. It’s long past time for the wild irises, sadly, but the sweet pepperbush was in bloom, and it smelled divine.
- Played my piano. I even tried out a few modern pieces that I’ve never played before.
- Posted a couple of blog posts.
- Photographed a dragonfly who was using one of our hostas as a perch between insect-hunting forays. If you think that this picture looks like others that I’ve posted before, that’s because it’s probably very much like others that I’ve posted before. I love taking pictures of dragonflies on hostas!
- Driven to BJs to buy some odds and ends.
My hubby and the kids won’t be back until at least 5:00, so I’ve got some time to myself now. I think that I shall fill up my little pool and relax outside with a book. I hope that you are enjoying your day, too!