So far in Christmas prep:
- The Advent Calendar is mostly set up. I have enough small gifts, Christmas-themed books from the library, and “tickets” to get through the entire Advent season. I had planned to make a schedule to evenly space out the gifts and special events, but I ran out of time. That’s OK. Better to be flexible.
- The Christmas cards arrived. They turned out nicely.
- I ordered ornaments for me, my kids, and my hubby, plus a personalized ornament for my niece.
- I’ve made good progress on my annual photo album. Most of the photos are in, and most of the layouts look good. I’ll probably be able to finish it in time.
- I ordered new comforters and blankets for my parents to use while they’re here Christmas Eve, and I bought mints so I can put one on each of their pillows (as a joke). So, maybe this year there will be no crazy, last-minute scrounging for blankets on Christmas Eve as I’m trying to get everything else ready, too.
- I ordered a birthday gift for my niece, whose party is coming up soon. Because her birthday is so close to Christmas, I consider her birthday present to be part of my Christmas prep (but I also buy her a separate Christmas present, because I’m not one of those people).
Still left to do:
Keep the Advent Calendar going; make time for all the activities it entails. Finish the photo album. Arrange for Charley the Elf’s arrival. Get a Christmas tree and decorate it. Create a board for displaying Christmas cards. Decorate the house.
- Clean the house.
- Tip our newspaper delivery person.
- Gifts for the kids’ bus drivers/teachers.
Wish lists (to help our family members who don’t know what to get us) Plan a Christmas Day menu and shop for it.