- The Christmas cards have all been sent, which is impressive given that we had lost our contact list. It was difficult to reconstruct the list, because so many of the people on it had moved in the last few years. As it turned out, one of my aunts is now living in Las Vegas, which is a long way from Florida (where I thought she still lived), so it’s actually a good thing that we lost her address. Thanks to Mom and the Internet for helping us find the correct addresses!
- The tree is up and decorated. That’s also pretty impressive, given that we couldn’t buy one. Apparently everybody in the area bought a real tree this year, so when my husband went to get one, there were none to be had. None! How lucky we are that he had kept our old fake one. Sure, it’s a little dusty and musty, but it looks like a tree, and it holds our lights and ornaments. The kids are thrilled with it, and that’s really all that matters.
- I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. It was a miserable, rainy day, and I got soaked, but it was worth it. We now have gifts for everyone. That means that we will probably not be shopping on Christmas Eve, for which I am thankful.
- We have a Christmas menu planned. My husband is out shopping for it right now.
- I have kept up with the Advent calendar. Some gifts arrived a little latish in the day, I admit, but the kids loved all of them, so I’m going to call it a success. And there are only two days left. Hooray!
- I have been moving stuff out of my office all day, and it is nearly ready for my parents’ visit. I still have a lot of cleaning to do, but I also have 1.5 days left, so I’m not going to stark freaking out quite yet.
- The Christmas photo albums have arrived. They’re not perfect, but they’re good.
- The next few days will be tough, but I also have the next two weeks off from work. So, once we get through this whole Christmas thing, I can relax until January 7. And I will!
This entry was posted in Crazy Me
and tagged Christmas
. Bookmark the permalink
© 2007-2019 Author of Blue-Footed Musings All Rights Reserved