I usually don’t read more than one book at a time, but I currently have five books going. In no particular order, they are…
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- On the Bus with Rosa Parks by Rita Dove
- The Unfinished World and Other Stories by Amber Sparks
- Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley
- Overture by Yael Goldstein
I am enjoying all of them so far except the first, which is so full of its own particular slang that I can hardly keep straight what anything means. Plus, the characters are mean and the situation tense. It probably won’t get any better, but I’ll give it a fair chance.