I read only 32 books in 2015. That makes 2015 one of the weakest reading years since I started tracking my reading on this blog. Only 2009 had a lower total (23), and that was the year that my son was born, so I had a good excuse for not reading more. Even 2011, which is the year that my daughter was born, had a higher total (36). Clearly I need to read more and watch less television!
Some of the books I read were unexpectedly good. Here is a list (in no particular order).
- The Lost Conspiracy by Frances Hardinge, A
- Magic Elizabeth by Norma Kassirer, A+
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, A+
- Savvy by Ingrid Law, A-
- Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander, A
- The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry, A
- The Witches by Roald Dahl, A+
I also reread some favorites, which helped to carry me through some of the rougher patches of the year. It’s good to have old favorites. And we make old favorites by finding new ones, so I’m looking forward to reading in 2016. May it be a year in which we find many new favorites!