As I was looking through my folder of draft posts today, I found this old list. It ought to have been published earlier this year, but I never finished it. Everything on it still sounds like a good goal, so here it is.
To Do in 2018
- Finish sorting and dealing with the stacks of paper that have accumulated in my bedroom and office.
- Bring bags of old clothing and toys to the donation store. They’re all set aside already. They just need to be taken to the place.
- Finish the novel. I haven’t been working on it, and it’s getting more and more distant in my mind. Not good.
- Hang up the pictures that are leaning against the wall.
- Put pictures in the frames that are sitting empty.
- Sort through my wardrobe. Discard what I don’t want. Buy what I need.
- Sign the kids up for music lessons.
- Sign up for an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime vacation for the family. It’s a pricey endeavor, but we’ve earned it.
- Make final decisions of my piano repertoire and make recordings of me playing it all. I can’t continue to play at this level for much longer, so I want to be able to look back and be proud of what I accomplished.
- Figure out how to use my new camera and start taking pictures.
- Broaden my hiking horizons. There are so many places in Rhode Island and Massachusetts to explore.