- I made basmati rice today. I love the way it smells as it’s cooking.
- The first dandelion bloomed today, and I held it up to my nose. I never realized before that dandelions have their own smell. It’s just not as strong as the scent of certain other flowers.
- The weather is finally warm enough to go outside without a jacket, but the ground is still pleasantly chilly against bare feet.
- Wild turkeys walked past our house this afternoon.
- The daffodils and hyacinths are coming into bloom.
- There is a bird nesting on the downspout near the corner of the house. Every time I walk past, she freaks out and zooms into the woods.
TASTE: I ate part of a navel orange this morning. It was delicious and sweet. Did you know that the cluster near the navel is actually a second orange? Food for thought.
- The peepers are peeping like mad, singing their spring song.
- Yesterday someone mentioned A-ha’s “Take on Me.” It got thoroughly stuck in my head, so I listened to it on my streaming service today. It’s still a great song, one of the best from that era.