It wasn’t my fault! They were selling books at the library, so what was I to do? Just ignore a whole roomful of cheap books? I’ve heard that some people have that ability, but not I. And so yesterday I came home with a bag o’ books that included the following:
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- The Tolkien Reader by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 2) by Lemony Snicket
- The Adventures of Treehorn by Florence Parry Heide
- Wampeters, Foma & Granfalloons by Kurt Vonnegut
- Maugham’s Choice of Kipling’s Best
I shouldn’t have bought them. I’m supposed to be getting rid of books, not accumulating more or them.
But it wasn’t a bad haul for $4.50!